A new wave of hunters in Tasmania has been hit by a rare outbreak of a coronavirus.
The Tasmanian Government says the number of confirmed coronaviruses has fallen by 90 per cent compared with last year, and more than 30,000 people are now on the government’s health alert.
“This is a good reminder that we still have a lot of work to do to get our coronaviral situation right,” Premier Steven Marshall said on Monday.
“But, in the meantime, our focus is on protecting the lives of the people who live here.”
The numbers that we’re seeing are an example of how good our coronavevirus response has been.
“Mr Marshall said there were now 1,800 confirmed cases and more confirmed deaths across Tasmania, compared with 3,500 in April.
He said it was a good sign that there were fewer people being diagnosed with the virus in the state, with the number falling to about 1,200.
Tasmanian Police have confirmed three deaths from the coronavivirus.